One hug is never enough. Especially when times are difficult, you can always use another hug. So though I already gave Barbara from Winos and Foodies a hug over on Sushi Day, I felt that I should do what little I can, and give her another virtual hug (and several more virtual flowers) here on Fridgg.
Barbara is currently battling cancer. Though I am lucky to have never had to go through the trials of having cancer, and I can’t possibly know how it feels, I do know that it sucks. A lot. I have two immediate family members who have dealt with three separate occurrences of cancer, and I know that calling life with cancer “unpleasant” is a grave understatement. Thus food bloggers from all over the world have come together to give Barbara a HUGE virtual hug, all brought together by the genius of Bron and Ilva.
Even if sushi is too much effort with the way your body feels from the effects of both cancer and chemotherapy, these tuna cakes are much, much easier. For me these are the perfect comfort food – easy to make, warm and filling, delicious and even good for you. For you Barbara, many, many hugs from Southern California!
- 1 can tuna
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large egg
- a handful of breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- Wash the zucchini.
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini, then shred.
- Pat zucchini dry with several paper towels.
- Drain the can of tuna well, then scoop tuna into a bowl.
- Mix with zucchini, egg, and breadcrumbs.
- Form into two disks.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the tuna cakes until browned on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Enjoy by themselves, or in a sandwich with mustard and mayonnaise.